A TOPSoccer player is defined as any youth player age four and older who has a physical or intellectual impairment that limits his/her ability to perform at the level of play which he/she has chosen to participate.
A successful TOPSoccer program consists of the following elements:
1. Placement of players by ability, not age
2. Emphasis on ability NOT disability
3. Player involvement
4. Meaningful experience for players
5. Achievement of individual goals
6. Dependability and stability of coaches
7. Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!