levels of competition: Travel, Rec, intramural
What is a travel league?
- A travel league is a league with a minimum of two (2) age divisions of five (5) teams from at least four (4) different clubs
- The league is required to have a constitution and bylaws, a registrar, appeal process, insurance coordinator, president, treasurer and use licensed referees
- The league is required to register players with passes, rosters and pay travel league and team fees
- Participation in a travel league qualifies a team for travel team tournaments and/or US Youth Soccer/Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer cup play
- Example of travel leagues: Inter-County Soccer League, Delco Soccer League, Philadelphia Area Girls Soccer (PAGS), etc.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
What is a recreational league?
- A league based on a recreational play philosophy with a constitution and bylaws, registrar, appeal process, insurance coordinator and officers
- League is not required to use player passes and rosters for registration but must supply a list of affiliate clubs/teams participating in the recreational league to Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer
- Recreation fees for players and teams must be paid by Recreational League
- Participation does not qualify a team for travel team tournaments and/or US Youth Soccer/Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer play
- An example of why Rec teams in a recreational league is when there are not enough players to run an intramural league (in-house program) within a soccer club/organization.
WHAT IS AN INTRAMURAL LEAGUE?
- A league/in-house program based on a recreational play philosophy with a constitution and bylaws, registrar, appeal process, insurance coordinator and officers
- Intramural fees for players and teams must be paid
- Participation does not qualify a team for travel team tournaments and/or US Youth Soccer/Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer cup play
- All players are registered through one in-house affiliate (Soccer organization)
- Soccer organizations/clubs can have intramural leagues (in-house programs) and travel teams that complete in travel leagues.
- Example of intramural leagues: Peewee Soccer, anything done within your own club where rec-level players play against/with each other in games and practice.
Please use the below template to submit your Intramural and TOPSocccer player information. All fields are required. If you use US Soccer Connect for intramural registration, you do not need to submit your player information. Please submit the template to Courtney Chinworth at email@example.com. An invoice will be sent to you for payment. All Fall payments are due by September 15th. Any questions, please contact the office at 610-238-9966.
*Please note, it is required of all affiliates to submit their database of coaches, administrators and players (US Soccer bylaw 212; US Youth Soccer Bylaw 214; Eastern Pennsylvania Constitution, Article VI).
PLAYer information template
The intramural payment link is for clubs and leagues that are making their Fall payment for the 2019-20 season. (Download form to access invoice).
2019-20 INTRAMURAL FALL PAYMENT