office closed | dec 24 - jan 4
Philadelphia Union Foundation: Cocktails & Cleats
Join the Philadelphia Union Staff in a night filled with great food, good company and a powerful call to action! The Fourth Annual “Cocktails & Cleats” Gala will be held on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at Vie, 600 North Broad Street, in downtown Philadelphia.
Proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Union Foundation in their mission of bringing opportunity to youth in the greater Philadelphia area.
Here is a snapshot of the work that your contributions help support:
To contact the Philadelphia Union Foundation please email: email@example.com.
- Soccer Programs: 2,000 local area kids have participated in Chester City United and Soccer for Success after-school and summer soccer programs.
- Fitness: 80% of the Chester Soccer for Success program participants categorized as overweight or obese improved or maintained their Body Mass Index.
- Nutrition: The Philadelphia Union Foundation donated freezers to expand the Philabundance Fare & Square Market where Chester residents make 3,500 visits per week to purchase healthy foods.
- Mentorship: 50% of the students participating in the Philadelphia Union Foundation’s and Big Brothers/Big Sisters program improved their academic success at least one letter grade since starting the program in October 2015.
- Education: The Philadelphia Union Foundation sponsors local programs that allow children to participate in positive life learning experiences. Recent activities include a field trip for students from Chester to the Philadelphia Constitution Center.
- Safe Spaces: The Philadelphia Union Foundation built a mini pitch at Stetser Elementary School in October 2015 as a safe place for the youth of Chester to play soccer.