Note: Eastern PA Youth Soccer officials are monitoring air quality and will contact teams and report through official communications channels any changes to the schedule.
ROYERSFORD, PA — After nearly three months of competition and 1,102 matches, it comes down to 56 teams battling for Challenge Cup supremacy at the HillTop Complex on Saturday.
Twenty-eight state champions will be crowned in the 9U-19U age groups. The 9U-11U age groups will each have four champions while the 12U-19U age groups will have two in each.
Finals will be played starting at 8:30 a.m. with the final game kicking off at 1:45 p.m. You can see the full schedule (subject to change) and follow the scores on finals day at epysa.org/2023-challenge-cup-scores.
Three teams are looking to become back-to-back Challenge Cup winners: Philadelphia SC Madrid is looking to repeat in the 10U Boys Flight A final and Penn Fusion Academy Elite is aiming for a second straight title in the 10U Girls Flight A final. FC Delco Black Conshy has their sights set on back-to-back state cup championships in the 11U Boys Flight A final.
A total of 30 clubs have teams playing in at least one of the finals. Penn Fusion Academy leads the way with 10 teams, followed by FC Delco with 6, Lower Merion SC with 4 and Keystone FC and Lancaster Elite each with 3.
Among the many intriguing match-ups on Saturday will be six rematches between teams that played each other earlier in the competition.
AC United Maroon and Hulmeville SC Demons are among the teams that will meet for a second time in the competition in the 12U Boys Final. Hulmeville came from behind to win 2-1 when the teams played in Abington on April 3.
Other rematches from earlier in the competition include:
- 10U Girls Flight B: Penn Fusion Academy United vs Penn FC Youth Black (Penn Fusion won 2-1 on May 8)
- 11U Boys Flight A: Keystone FC vs FC Delco (FC Delco won 5-2 on May 7)
- 16U Girls: Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals vs Penn Fusion Academy United (Ukies won 2-0 on April 16)
- 19U Girls: Western Lehigh United SC vs Hunter SC Hurricanes (Western Lehigh won 3-0 on May 7)
- 19U Boys: Phoenixville Area SC vs Penn Fusion Soccer Academy Reds (Phoenixville won 4-0 on March 26)
2023 Challenge Cup Finals Clubs
- AC Inspire
- AC United
- Berks United FC
- Coventry SA/Langhorne Neshaminy United Vikings (semifinal Thursday)
- Dillsburg Area SC
- Eagle FC
- Evergreen Youth SC
- FC Delco
- Hanover SC
- Haverford SC
- Hulmeville SC
- Hunter SC
- Huntington Valley AA
- Keystone FC
- Lancaster Elite
- Lancaster Inferno FC
- Lehigh Valley United
- Lower Merion SC
- PA Classics
- PA Rush
- Parkland Area SC
- Penn FC Youth
- Pennsylvania Soccer Academy
- Philadelphia SC
- Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals
- Phoenixville Area SC
- Radnor SC
- Springfield SC
- Western Lehigh United SC
- Yardley Makefield Soccer