The U.S. Soccer National C License hosted by Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association is an online and in-person course. This blended format combines an online experience, assignments, small group meetings, independent learning, and an in-person. Meeting.
Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings and complete all assignments to be eligible to receive the license.
To be register for the U.S. Soccer C course, all candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer D license for at least 6 months OR meet the waiver guidelines
- Access to a team (U13+) in a participation environment for the duration of the course!
WHAT TO EXPECT
80+ hours (virtual + in-person meetings)
Coaches who register for this course can expect weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules, live virtual meetings, and a 4-day in-person meeting led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Educator. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a laptop/device with web camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place on agreed-upon days and times (see below). Coaches may be asked to participate in the in-person field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
Pre-Course Webinar (Attendance Non-Mandatory):
Must be registered to attend. Meeting held one (1) week prior to official start of course
- Webinar Date: February 25th, 2024
- Opening Webinar Time: 7pm-9pm
- Opening Webinar Link: Provided in course communication/see course calendar link
- Virtual Meetings will be about 90mins per week.
During the Course:
Four (4) Months (Including summative assessment) with Four (4) in-person days
- Virtual Meetings (Large group/small group)
- Individual meetings with Coaching Educator
- Independent learning and investigation/research
- Individual assignments
- Collaborative projects
Date: April 11th , April 12th, April 13th, April 14th (Thursday-Sunday)
Time: 12pm-8pm, 9am-8pm, 9am-8pm, 9pm-12pm (Thursday-Sunday)
Location: Charles Chrin Community Center (4100 Green Pond Road, Palmer PA, 18045) - Classroom & Field
In-person Field Session
Thursday, 6.30pm - 8pm (Players needed)
Friday, 6.30pm - 8pm (Players needed)
Saturday, 11.30am - 1pm and
Saturday, 6.30pm - 8pm (Players needed)
Candidates are encouraged to be an ambassador for the game, to treat the game, and those involved with the game with respect and dignity.
Formative Assessment (course assignments during the course) in
- Leadership and Managing the Performance Environment
- Leading the player within the team
- Team performance observation-analysis
- Coaching Games
- Caching Training Sessions
Summative Assessment (Final projects at the end of the course) in
- Coaching Games
- Team performance analysis report
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Designing two (2) training session plans (within one week)
- Coaching one (1) training session (video)