U.S. Soccer D License Courses
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer is proud to host a number of D License Courses this summer as we continue to implement the new U.S. Soccer Coaching Pathway. Stay tuned to this webpage as well as the Digital Coaching Center to see when we're hosting a course near you. More to be added in the coming days.
The D License is an extension of the Grassroots Courses:
- Based on all four game models (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11) and Play-Practice-Play
- Purpose is to facilitate the improvement of the grassroots coach in all six tasks of a coach: coaching games, coaching training sessions, managing the performance environment, leading the team, leading the player, leadership
- Focus on learning how to design, execute, and reflect on a Play-Practice-Play training session
- Candidates will now have to coach at least one on-field training session with youth demo players during the course (current plan includes each candidate receiving an opportunity to get on-field practical experience during both weekends)
- Course takes place over two weekends, with field and classroom sessions each day. The first weekend runs Friday-Saturday-Sunday, the second Saturday-Sunday
In order to be eligible for a U.S. Soccer National D License Course, coaches must have either a National E License or have completed two in-person Grassroots Courses (one of which must be the 11v11) AND one online Grassroots Course.
||April 12 - 14 - June 1 - 2, 2019
||April 26-28 - June 22 -23, 2019
||May 3-5 - June 15 -16