2020 Indoor cup
2020 Indoor Cup: February 1 and 2 Recap
Over this past weekend, the U9, U10, U14 and U19 boys and girls participated in the third and final weekend of the 2020 Eastern Pennsylvania Indoor Cup at In the Net in Palmyra. Over 198 games were played between 123 teams and we crowned 16 champions in two days! Thank you to all the teams that participated in this final weekend and the friends and families that supported them! We are looking forward to next years Indoor Cup!
Below is a recap of every division and their championship match!
U9 Boys (Elite | Challenge)
- The U9 Elite Division kicked off the final weekend of Indoor Cup with Lower Merion SC Irmaos Red displaying tremendous scoring with a +20-goal differential and taking home the gold.
- Luzerne County Fusion and Western Lehigh United faced off in the U9 Challenge division in a tough battle that saw Western Lehigh United come out on top with a 2-0 victory.
U9 Girls (Elite | Challenge)
- It was truly a team victory for Keystone FC Premier in the U09 Elite Division final. The teams showed what skill and discipline in all three games by scoring 12 goals and only letting in one
- In their first Indoor Cup appearance, Northumberland-Sunbury SC Lightning was able to come out on top with a 3-1 win over Valley SC Voltage in the U09 Challenge Division.
U10 Boys (Elite | Challenge)
- Palumbo Elite had a convincing victory in the U10 Elite Division final over Boyertown Arsenal. They stole the show by scoring three times in the final.
- In the U10 Challenge Division, Dynamo United took their second gold of the competition after a convincing 3-1 win against Southern Chester County SC Dragons in the U10 Challenge Division.
U10 Girls (Elite | Challenge | Premier)
- Two powerful teams came out in the U10 Elite Division. Lehigh Valley United and Ukrainian Nationals had both won their groups to have the chance to go on and wear gold. Ukrainian Nationals was able to come out on top with a 5-2 win.
- The U10 Challenge Division Final did not disappoint. It was a thrilling match from start to finish that only had one goal separate the teams. Parkwood Ertz came out on top by defeating Hughesville Green Hurricanes 1-0. Parkwood did not let in a single goal the entire day!
- Springfield SC Strikers dominated the day by scoring 14 goals and conceding only two. They faced off against CSSC Phoenix in the U10 Premier Division Final. It was back and forth until the Strikers opened it up and scored four times to take home gold
U14 Boys (Elite | Challenge)
- After coming out on top of the U14 Elite Division, Hershey SC had to face off against a fast and tenacious Lower Mac United that ended up taking home the gold. Final score, 5-1, Lower Mac.
- Lower Mac United almost took each division at the U14 level until they faced Nitro SC. Nitro SC came away with the U14 Challenge gold with a killer instinct for goal and rock-solid defense only allowing one goal against in four games.
U14 Girls (Elite | Challenge | Premier)
- LMSC Impact Red stole the show in the U14 Elite Division by scoring 12 times and not conceding a single goal. It was an impressive team effort. They defeated Northeast United in the final by a score of 3-0.
- We had a nail-bitter in the U14 Challenge Division final between Hulmville Force and Sting PA DiFulvio. It was a back and forth affair until Hulmville Force broke the tie to score the one and only goal.
- We had many close finals throughout the 2020 Indoor Cup, and we had just that in the U14 Premier final. North Union United Strikers White defeated Horsham SA Hurricanes 1-0. Both teams had many opportunities, but the Strikers were able to break through and score.
U19 Boys (Elite)
- It was an all North Union United final in the U19 Elite Division with the two teams squaring off to see which of the two sides was better. Cannons Blue ousted Cannons White with a 2-1 final score.
U19 Girls (Elite)
- It was a rematch in the U19 Elite Division final between HMMS Eagle FC Impact and North Union United Strikers. Eagle FC defeated the strikers earlier in the day 3-1 but the strikers wanted revenge. In the final, it was a back and forth affair that saw seven goals and Eagle FC coming out on top by a score of 4-3.