We hope to find you all in good health and good spirits during this interesting and challenging time in our lives. To comply with the federal and state government directives on social distancing, all sanctioned soccer activity is further suspended through April 30.
Furthermore, Governor Wolf has issued a stay at home order for 22 counties, most of which make up Eastern Pennsylvania. Please practice appropriate physical distancing and hygiene measures, stay home where necessary, and hopefully we’re all going to be healthy and able to see each other back on the fields in good time.
Until such a time that we may play again, there are considerations for you to be aware of as you navigate this situation.
- Youth soccer is non-essential business. Please adhere to the government directives being put in place for everyone’s safety. Compliance is key to “flattening the curve.” Any training or practices being held are non-sanctioned and are not covered by Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer insurance.
- Clubs and coaches are using technology such as Zoom, Facebook Live or Facetime to interact with their players. Any type of active training, with simultaneous on-line instruction is not sanctioned by Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer and is therefore not covered. Meetings and discussion groups may take place, when abiding by the approved policy.
- Please be aware of such policies, as directed by the federal SafeSport Act, on player and coach interaction. You can view the complete policy on our website, but most importantly refer to Appendix B on Digital Communications between any adult and a minor athlete. All interactions must be observable and interruptible by either a parent or another adult.
- We suggest, as many of you have done, providing individual training activities, videos or links to help keep kids fit and occupied rather than interactive online communications.
Last, please take the time to review the recent actions of Congress that may provide assistance for your organization.
- The CARES Act (Coronavirus-Aid-Relief-Economic security) may provide your organization financial support through the Emergency Small Business Loan program. There is a specific designation for non-profits with under 500 employees. Please read the attached synopsis and analysis of the program.
- Also included in the federal relief package is the ability for self-employed workers to apply for unemployment benefits. Many of your coaches and other contract employees will come under this umbrella. Please let them know they have options available to them. Also know that there are other funding resources that may be available by county or other philanthropic foundations.
Although soccer should be a lesser concern for all of us right now, please know that we are preparing for a better day ahead. We hope there will be an opportunity for all competitions to resume, but that timetable cannot be set yet, and certainly not by us at this time. If there is something our staff may be able to help you with, please reach out via email.
Stay safe, stay healthy.