grow the game fund
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Announces, 2021 Grow the Game Fund
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer is re-launching its program as the Grow the Game Fund. Formerly the Development Grants program aimed at infrastructure, the Grow the Game Fund is directed at supporting projects at the local level, via our membership, to include more people in soccer. These projects should be designed for the long-term growth of the game in support of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer’s mission and vision; to enable our members to achieve the shared goals of our purpose; and to be recognized for excellence in participation, spectator appeal, competition, and gender equity. Generating new ideas and programming will ultimately increase interest and participation.
To grow the game, we as a soccer community, must seek new and creative ways to bring more players, coaches, referees and administrators into the sport. We need to generate ideas and programming to generate greater interest and participation. We must develop sustainable programs to continue to regenerate our soccer population. Today’s players become tomorrow’s coaches and administrators. Through our membership, we can develop and instill a lifelong love of the game for the next generation and perpetuate its growth.
The specific goal of any proposal must be to increase the number of registered players, licensed coaches, certified referees or trained administrators. In addition, supporting growth, inclusiveness and opportunity for girls, women, people of color and lower economic communities is paramount to reflect the global nature and appeal of the game as well broaden our membership.
GROW THE GAME FUND 2021-2022
The Fund will apply the following criteria in awarding a grant:
- The ability of the program or activity to recruit and retain the number of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth soccer players. Intramural and recreation programs to receive priority as the entry point for most new participants
- The ability to train more coaches through US Soccer/Eastern Pennsylvania coaching education
- The ability to recruit and retain more referees through US Soccer/Eastern Pennsylvania referee programs
- The ability of the program or activity to increase the visibility of the game in their community
- The ability of the program or activity to have a positive impact on their club and their community
- The ability of the program or activity to improve conditions that may currently have negative effect on achieving any of the above
Innovation and creativity is welcomed and encouraged. Replication of other known, successful projects is acceptable. The application is available, online, and will be open April 26th until May 31st.