US Youth Soccer Region I Championships, to be held from Friday, June 28th through Tuesday, July 2nd at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, Rhode Island.
"We are very proud of all 16 teams that will represent Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer in the upcoming US Youth Soccer Region I Championships," said Chris Branscome, Chief Executive Officer of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer. "Each year, Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer has multiple teams competing for regional and national championships, and it is a testament to the hard work of our organization, our coaches, our parents and our players that we consistently field strong and competitive teams to represent us at the regional and national level. We wish them all success next week in Kingston."
The 16 teams representing Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer next week are:
- Under 12 Girls Spirit United Madrid (from Downingtown);
- Under 12 Boys Lehigh Valley United ’00 (from Allentown);
- Under 13 Girls CRUSA FC Bucks Fusion (from Richboro);
- Under 13 Boys Patriot FC Red (from Newtown);
- Under 14 Girls Yardley Makefield Soccer Xplosion (from Yardley);
- Under 14 Boys Penn Fusion (from West Chester);
- Under 15 Girls Penn Legacy Black (from Landisville);
- Under 15 Boys Lehigh Valley United (from Allentown);
- Under 16 Girls FC Revolution Black Hawks (from Reading);
- Under 16 Boys Nether United FC (from Wallingford);
- Under 17 Girls CRUSA FC Bucks En Fuego (from Richboro);
- Under 17 Boys Penn Fusion (from West Chester);
- Under 18 Girls TS United (from Maple Glen);
- Under 18 Boys FC Delco (from Wayne);
- Under 19 Boys Lehigh Valley United ’93 (from Allentown); and
- Under 19 Girls FC Pennsylvania Strikers (from Washington’s Crossing).
The Under 19 Girls FC Pennsylvania Strikers are defending National Champions, winning the Under 18 Girls National Championship last year in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
The 2013 US Youth Soccer Region I Championships in Kingston features the top 260 boys and girls teams ranging in age from under-12 to under-19 from US Youth Soccer Region I, which includes the following 15 state organizations: Connecticut; Delaware; Eastern New York; Eastern Pennsylvania; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York West; Pennsylvania West; Premier League; Rhode Island (host); Vermont; Virginia; West Virginia.
Regional winners from the under-14 through under-19 boys and girls brackets earn a berth to the upcoming 2013 US Youth Soccer National Championships, scheduled for July 23rdthrough July 28th in Overland Park, Kansas.