Job postings are listed here for approx. 1 month from the posting date or until a vaccancy is filled. Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer only lists job opportunities, not individuals looking for employment.
Germantown Academy Coaches
Boys Soccer --- Upper School Freshmen Team Assistant Coach
Boys Soccer --- Middle School Assistant Coach
Girls Soccer --- Upper School Junior Varsity Assistant Coach
- Upper School games/practices are held Monday thru Fridays at 3:45pm. There are a few Saturday games which are generally held in the morning.
- Middle School game/practices are held Monday thru Thursday at 3:45pm. There are no Saturday or Sunday commitments.
- Each position carries a coaching stipend.
All interested candidates should contact Jim Fenerty at 267-405-7217
Assistant Varsity Soccer Coaches
Germantown Friends School (Philadelphia, PA) is seeking assistant coaches for Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer. Applicants need to be good communicators, have a positive coaching philosophy and demonstrated coaching experience. College playing experience is preferred. Coaching license is a plus. These part-time positions are from August 18-November 1, weekday afternoons 3:30-5:30, and some Saturdays. JV Head Coach and Middle School positions are also available. Send cover letter, resume and references to Katie Bergstrom Mark, Director of Athletics at email@example.com.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to the ideal of diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability or military veteran status. People of color, individuals of the LGBTQ community, members of the Religious Society of Friends and people demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit their website at www.germantownfriends.org
Professional Assistant Coach
The Solebury Soccer Club U11 Girls travel soccer team (SSC Clash) is looking to hire a Professional Assistant Coach for the 2013-14 season and beyond. The Assistant Coach will work closely with the current three-person coaching staff and separate manager in planning and running all training activities throughout the year. In addition, the Assistant Coach in conjunction with the coaching staff will assist with planning game lineups and be present at games on an intermittent basis as a bench coach to implement and adjust the lineup and in-game strategy for the various leagues and tournaments.
The concept is to offer young girls an experience that maintains the local benefits of a small soccer club where players and team stay together over an extended period of time; where girls become progressively competitive through individual growth; and where girls and parents avoid the stress and distraction of outside pressure and recruitment. The focus will remain on soccer, and on consistent player and team development. We would like to enhance the current licensed staff of former HS and College players with a female assistant who has significant recent experience in the increasingly competitive and successful world of women’s soccer in the US. The long term point of which is to inspire and empower the girls to embrace success both on and off the field.
A sample outline of the position and specific duties for a typical year are as follows:
- Run 1 week training camp in 2nd or 3rd week of August (four weekday mornings or evenings)
- Attend games as assistant bench coach at one day Summer Tournament in August (Ex: Colleen Reilly)
- Train team for 10 weeks one weeknight in Fall season
- Attend every other game as assistant bench coach in Fall Season (5 games – mostly Sats, occasional Sunday but flexible)
- Attend some games as assistant bench coach at Fall Tournament in October (Ex: YMS Columbus Cup)
- Run one indoor training session in December and one in January before SMG 2nd Winter Indoor Season (the day can be flexible)
- Attend every other game as assistant bench coach in Winter Indoor Season (3 games – Sat or Suns, schedule can be flexible)
- Run training session every other week in Spring season (~ 5 sessions, day can be flexible)
- Attend every other game as assistant bench coach in Spring Season (3 games – All on Sundays)
- Attend two Spring Tryouts as Evaluator for pending U12 team and so on each year (Flex – normally one during weekday practice in eve and one Sat day)
- Work with Coaching staff in summer to map out training and practice plans for year. Plan includes adjustments as season go on and team develops
- Assistant Bench coach for games: Review coaches lineups beforehand, assist with substitutions, observe play and players for adjustments to lineup in situ and player/team development for following week.
- Training & Tryout sessions in all seasons ~ 1.5 hours
- Games also ~ 1.5 hrs based on early arrival and game time.
- Summer Camp is four days of 3 hr sessions
- Commit through at least next two years (5th and 6th Grades though expectation is to play through all Youth Soccer levels)
- Future team participation in Cups and other Tournaments to be determined during U11 season.
- Female Coach and Trainer – 1 to 3 years of experience mandatory
- Starting HS and College Player – references requested
- ODP or other Academy Team type experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Coaching License a plus, but not mandatory
If interested please contact head coach Michael Graeff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via cell phone at (610) 216-7615.