WHO: Current high school JUNIORS ONLY (boys and girls) affiliated with Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer through a club or ODP team, refereeing or other.
WHAT: Union League Good Citizenship Award is awarded each year to boys and girls who exemplify a well-rounded profile of activities. Candidates must demonstrate exemplary qualities of cooperative effort, self-control, perseverance, serious scholarship and good sportsmanship. The student should demonstrate appreciation for America and endeavors to follow and uphold the best traditions and principles of American patriotism.
Up to (20) candidates from Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer are nominated.
WHEN: Application Period Opens November 1, 2016
Recipients will be recognized at the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Awards Banquet on Friday, February 25, 2017.
Mandatory Requirement - Recipients must attend Good Citizen Day (May 10, 2017) – all day leadership program and awards dinner at the Union League. If one cannot attend, candidate will not be considered.
WHY: Nomination of this prestigious award will add distinctive value to a student's resume. Award winners are also eligible to apply for a college scholarship from the Union League Scholarship Foundation worth at least $5,000/year in their senior year of high school.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please send your Personal Profile to:
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer
Attn: Union League Good Citizenship Award
4070 Butler Pike, Suite 100
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462.
or via email to Meridith Crowell, firstname.lastname@example.org
The student-athlete should submit the following in one file labeled Last name, First name-Union League:
(1) Cover sheet (Available when application opens)
(2) Letter(s) of recommendation (No more than two)
(3) Academics including GPA, class rank, SAT/ACT scores if applicable
(4) High school soccer & other athletic participation including club team(s)
(5) Extracurricular activities such as school clubs, elected offices, the arts, etc.
(6) Community service such as church groups, volunteer work, etc.
(7) Awards and recognitions, athletic, academic or otherwise
(8) Part-time job(s) or other accomplishments
For more information on the Union League of Philadelphia, please contact Nick Cirilli.
For any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.