Current high school JUNIORS ONLY (boys and girls) affiliated with Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer through a club or ODP team, refereeing or other.
Union League Good Citizenship Award is awarded each year to boys and girls who exemplify a well-rounded profile of activities candidates must demonstrate exemplary qualities of cooperative effort, self-control, perseverance, serious scholarship and good sportsmanship. The student should demonstrate appreciation for America and endeavors to follow and uphold the best traditions and principles of American patriotism.
Up to (21) candidates from Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer are nominated.
Candidates must submit their profile no later than January 10, 2014
Mandatory Requirement - Recipients must attend Youth Work Day, Thursday, May 15, 2014
– all day leadership program and awards dinner at the Union League. If one cannot attend, candidate will not be considered.
Nomination of this prestigious award will add distinctive value to a student's resume when applying to colleges/universities. Award winners are also eligible to apply for a college scholarship award of at least $5,000/year in their senior year of high school.
Recipients will be recognized at the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer's Awards Reception
, March 8, 2014 in Trevose, PA.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please send your Personal Profile to:
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer
Attn: Union League Good Citizenship Award
4070 Butler Pike, Suite 100
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462.
Submit the student-athlete’s Personal Profile (1 to 3 pages max) with a brief cover letter. The student-athlete should follow the format below when preparing his/her profile:
(1) Name, phone #, email and mailing address
(2) Academics includes; GPA, class rank, SAT scores
(3) High School Soccer & Athletics including club team(s)
(4) Extracurricular Activities such as; school clubs, elected offices, the arts, etc.
(5) Community Service such as; interact, church groups, volunteer work, etc.
(6) Awards and Recognitions
(7) Part-time job(s) or other accomplishments
Profiles MUST have references with phone numbers to attest to authenticity.