Application Period Closed. Winners will be notified by May 6th
The purpose of this scholarship program is to encourage qualified high school seniors registered in Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer to further their education in a four-year college program. Four, four-year scholarships will be awarded.
AMOUNT AND DETAIL OF EACH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD:
- Each scholarship award will be in the amount of $1,000 per year, renewable each year, for four years, payable jointly through the university or the college in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester.
- The scholarship award is used to help defray cost of tuition and fees at any accredited college or university.
- While at college, the recipients are expected to maintain good academic and disciplinary standing. They also must show a commitment to promote soccer by volunteering, coaching, refereeing or playing in a soccer program at college or a local community.
- High school seniors attending public and non-public high schools within Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer who are registered players, coaches or referees in the association will be eligible to participate in this program.
- Applicants must meet scholarship and other entrance requirements for entrance into any accredited college or university.
BASIS OF SELECTION:
- Applicants must complete and submit the attached application forms along with a transcript of their high school records on/or before April 15th, 2016 to this address: Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 4070 Butler Pike, Suite 100, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462.
- Applicants must obtain a statement from their guidance counselor or their high school principal regarding their scholastic ability, leadership, and character, and mail it under a separate cover to the above address. Applicants may also submit a maximum of two letters from church and community leaders to validate qualities in leadership and character. Please include your name on all material sent to the committee.
- Applications must be accompanied by a signed photocopy of the Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA) page 1.
- Selection of the winners will be based on financial need, scholastic achievement, and leadership ability. Selection to be made by a committee that consists of people who are not relatives of any of the candidates and will also consist of people outside of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by May 31st, 2016.
____ Complete Application [PDF]
and send to Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer.
____ Transcript of high school records.
____ Statement from guidance counselor/principle under separate cover.
____ Signed copy of page 1 of the Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA).
____ Additional letters from community leaders.
Please click on the picture below to print and fill out the application