2017 Scholarship Information Available Soon
The purpose of this scholarship program is to encourage qualified high school seniors registered in Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer to further their education in a four-year college program. Four, four-year scholarships will be awarded.
AMOUNT AND DETAIL OF EACH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD:
- Each scholarship award will be in the amount of $1,000 per year, renewable each year, for four years, payable jointly through the university or the college in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester.
- The scholarship award is used to help defray cost of tuition and fees at any accredited college or university.
- While at college, the recipients are expected to maintain good academic and disciplinary standing. They also must show a commitment to promote soccer by volunteering, coaching, refereeing or playing in a soccer program at college or a local community.
- High school seniors attending public and non-public high schools within Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer who are registered players, coaches or referees in the association will be eligible to participate in this program.
- Applicants must meet scholarship and other entrance requirements for entrance into any accredited college or university.
BASIS OF SELECTION:
- Applicants must complete and submit the attached application forms along with a transcript of their high school records on/or before April 15th, 2016 to this address: Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 4070 Butler Pike, Suite 100, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462.
- Applicants must obtain a statement from their guidance counselor or their high school principal regarding their scholastic ability, leadership, and character, and mail it under a separate cover to the above address. Applicants may also submit a maximum of two letters from church and community leaders to validate qualities in leadership and character. Please include your name on all material sent to the committee.
- Applications must be accompanied by a signed photocopy of the Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA) page 1.
- Selection of the winners will be based on financial need, scholastic achievement, and leadership ability. Selection to be made by a committee that consists of people who are not relatives of any of the candidates and will also consist of people outside of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by May 6th, 2016.
____ Complete Application [PDF]
and send to Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer.
____ Transcript of high school records.
____ Statement from guidance counselor/principle under separate cover.
____ Signed copy of page 1 of the Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA).
____ Additional letters from community leaders.
Please click on the picture below to print and fill out the application