2019 Indoor Cup | 2/9 - 2/10 Preview
Mother nature didn't cooperate the first time the Under-10 and Under-11 age groups were scheduled, but all that means is the teams are more eager to take the field in the Indoor Cup. Riverfront Sports in Scranton plays host to the action.
We preview each division below. Click the age group for a full schedule of games.
Will you be at the Indoor Cup? Tag us with your best pictures or videos of the action on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use #IndoorCup2019. We'll pick out a few of our favorites to receive an Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer prize pack!
U10 Girls (Challenge White | Challenge Blue)
- Lehigh Valley United Black had quite the 2018 in terms of cup success. LVU took the U9 Girls Elite Division in the Indoor Cup then won the U9 A Turkey Hill Challenge Cup. They’ll compete in the Challenge White Division this weekend.
- Two returnees lead the Challenge Blue Division: St. Joseph the Worker (semifinalists in 2018) and Deep Run Valley Classic Blue (champions in 2018). It’s a six-team field with every team guaranteed three games.
U11 Girls (Elite | Challenge)
- There’s another defending champion (U10 Elite) in the Elite Division. Ukrainian Nationals Black went 3-1 a year ago to take the title. They have a tough path to the final in 2019 with Lower Merion SC MonStars and LVU Black in their group. Hulmeville SC Lightning, Penn Fusion-Lehigh Valley and Penn FC Black complete the division.
- 10 teams enter the fray in the Challenge Division. Two teams return after strong 2018 Indoor Cups: Ukrainian Nationals Red (defending champions) and Cantolao Panthers, which finished second in their group last year.
U10 Boys (Elite | Challenge)
- Lower Merion SC Stealth dominated the U9 Division in 2018 and will return to defend its title. Last year, Stealth went 5-0 with 25 goals for. They lead a talented six-team field that also includes Radnor SC Samba, FC Bucks Wolfe, Fishtown AC Mutiny (2-0-1 in 2018 but just missed knockout stage) and club mates LMSC Celtic.
- Geographically, the Challenge Division is well represented with teams from the Philadelphia area (Southern Chester County SA Dragons), capital region (CASA Arsenal, HMMS Eagle FC Pumas, Penn FC Black, Hershey SC), York (Panthers United Sharpshooters, Dillsburg Thunder) and Northeast Pennsylvania (Electric City Volt, Back Mountain Youth Soccer Thunder). Of the group that competed in 2018, Panthers United Sharpshooters faired the best, going 2-1 in group play.
U11 Boys (Challenge White | Challenge Blue)
- A year ago, Danubia Gunners made a dramatic run to the U10 Boys Challenge Blue title. The Gunners scored a two-goal victory in the semis before winning the final, 2-1. They’re back in the Challenge White Division this year.
- Northeast Attack, runners-up to the aforementioned Danubia Gunners, will compete in the Challenge Blue Division. That bracket is loaded with Indoor Cup staples such as Electric City Volt, Penn FC and North Union United.