National C License
National C License in Delaware opens in February (click on the image for registration)
National E & D License restructure
The E and D License will become National Licenses standardized by US Soccer. The number of hours for each course will also increase from 18 to 24 hours for the E License and 36 to 60 hours for the D License (these hours include pre-requisite course work). Only coaches who have an A License from US Soccer and have undergone training by US Soccer and Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer staff will be permitted to instruct these licenses. The increase in hours will now be more in line with UEFA coaching courses and better prepare a candidate for the C, B and A Licenses.
The National E License tuition costs will be $125 per candidate for the National D it will be $225 per candidate.
Included in the courses
· Tuition (increased tuition hours).
· Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Nike Apparel.
· Online - Laws of the game tutorial and test.
· Online – Concussion tutorial and test.
· Testing and grading with real time feedback.
· The opportunity to be mentored by the state office through the practical part of the courses.
· Latest US soccer federation coaching methodology.
· Inclusion in National licensed database as well as state licensed database.
· Post course direction through a customized plan to assist with coaching or progression to the next level.
Providing Opportunities for our Spanish Speaking Coaches
Eastern Pennsylvania was proud to host and conduct the first Spanish E Course on December 14, 15 and 16. The license took place at the Capitolio Rec Center in South Philadelphia. (For those coaches who are restaurant aficionados and fond of gourmet dining, the rec center and playground is located across the street from Gino’s and Pat’s Steaks) The course was attended by 20 coaches, most who use English as their second language.
Our bilingal instructors for the course were Trajano Bastidas and Antonio Bayon, both A Licensed coaches who are part of our staff. They were remarkable in their teaching and training ability but also in explaining the intricacies of youth soccer in this country. Ruth Bull, a former National Team player from Mexico was the E License coordinator for the course.
This is just one of the many outreach programs we have begun to offer coaches and players who may not be familiar with the resources we offer. Most of these services are done at no cost to a club or teams, who may not have the financial resources to provide quality training or adequate support for their players.